Information for your visit to Victoria:
- Vessels entering Canada must clear Customs. For information about procedures and location of the Customs dock (it moved in 2014), go to our Customs page.
- Moorage is non-refundable and non-transferable within groups.
- Reservation fees are non-refundable and non-transferable within groups.
- A reservation cancellation must be received no less than 48 hours prior to arrival (7 days for long weekends), or one day of moorage will be charged - except in the event of a Strong Wind Warning or greater as issued by the Government of Canada.
- Rafting is mandatory at all GVHA facilities. Though not a common occurance, it does happen during popular times. We do all we can to place friends together, but we may place strangers together if there is call for it. Please remember to place fenders on both sides of your boat.
Experience has shown that things go much more smoothly when reservations are made through the group organizer and not directly with GVHA. We will then contact you to confirm information and secure your credit card number in order to hold your reservation, or to charge the reservation fee if applicable.
If you are reserving for a group during the Symphony Splash/BC Day long weekend, Symphony Splash (Aug 4 - 7), please go to the Symphony Splash Reservations page. The process for that event is slightly different:
- Prior to contacting GVHA, please download and fill out the Group Organizer’s Reservation Form using Excel or the fillable PDF format (choose ONE).
- Send the completed form to email@example.com.
- There is no group reservation fee.
- Several things will happen here at the GVHA once we’ve received the form:
- We will contact you (the organizer) within two working days for an initial consultation.
- We will set up a preliminary map, based on the information provided in the Group Organizer’s Reservation Form.
- We will contact each person on the list to confirm details and get credit card numbers to ensure reservations or to charge the reservation fees if applicable.
- Reservation fees apply only for Canada Day, BC Day (Symphony Splash), and Labour Day long weekends - otherwise reservations are free of charge.
- We will refine the map based on any changes we get from group members.
- We will send you, the organizer, a map and we will work with you on any necessary changes.
- We ask that any changes be completed and the booking be finalized within 2 weeks of the group’s arrival date.
- If we cannot fit your group, or the entire group, onto the docks, we will begin a waitlist. There is no fee for being on the waitlist. If a group member does not wish to stay with the group, they may remove themselves from the group list and apply for reservations as an individual.